From picking out the right material to finding a reputable contractor, the process of gutter system installation requires attention to detail and careful planning. There are two different types of gutters — sectional and seamless — that homeowners can choose from. Though most of the decision comes down to the aesthetics and cost, seamless gutters offer advantages that sectional gutters simply do not.
A professional roofing installation contractor shares the benefits of seamless gutters.
1. Seamless gutters require minimal maintenance. The main advantage of seamless gutters is that it eliminates seams or gaps that are present in sectional gutters. Since seams are considered vulnerable points for water and debris infiltration, seamless gutters translate to fewer clogs and damage. This will help save time on cleaning and reduce your maintenance expenses throughout the year.
2. Seamless gutters are easier to install. Gutter installation is generally a time-consuming process. You need to measure and cut sections of gutters in order to properly fit them together. Fortunately, seamless gutters are made to fit the exact dimensions of your roofline, allowing for a neater and more polished end result.
3. Seamless gutters are cost-effective. A veteran roof maintenance company says that seamless gutters usually turn out to be a more cost-effective option than traditional gutters. Through seamless gutters have higher upfront costs, you can save a lot more over the years because of reduced repair and maintenance needs.
4. Seamless gutters come in a variety of materials. Most common seamless gutter systems are made of vinyl, aluminum, stainless steel and copper. You can also pick from different colors to complement the scheme of your exterior.
5. Seamless gutters are more aesthetically pleasing. Since seamless gutters eliminate the gaps between gutters, your roofing system will look sleeker and more streamlined. This is especially beneficial to modern styles of homes.
Need help with your home improvement project in Illinois? Turn to Advanced Roofing Inc. for a smooth and stress-free experience! Our team offers professional exterior remodeling services — such as gutter installation and roof replacement — to clients in and around Plainfield, IL. Call us at 1 630-521-3573 or fill out this contact form to set an appointment or request an emergency roof repair cost.