Getting a quote is the first vital step in gutter replacement. But there are a couple of things that go into that estimate, and it’s important to learn more about them. One of the premier local roof repair contractors in the area, Advanced Roofing Inc. shares what every homeowner should expect from a gutter replacement quote:
- Precise Measurements. Your choice of gutter contractor will need to take accurate calculations to ensure your new gutters will fit perfectly along the roofline. What they do is measure the length in feet of each roof edge where the replacement gutters will be installed. To determine the total length of the gutter your home needs, the contractor will add together the lengths of gutter for each roof edge.
- Cost Estimates. An itemized list of materials and their costs should be included in every home improvement quote, whether this involves new gutters or residential roofing systems. Your contractor will be able to come up with a more accurate total of gutter expenses by acquiring material cost estimates from building suppliers. They’ll base this on the full length of the gutters and downspouts, along with the cost of other components, such as nails, hangers, straps, and downspout elbows. Make sure to look for the following details in your gutter replacement quote, as well:
- Gutter material (the more premium the material, the higher the possible costs)
- Gutter type and style (most homeowners go for seamless K-style gutters)
- Labors costs, including hourly rates and additional fees for gutter removal and disposal
- Project timeline with reasonable start and end dates
- Optional gutter protection system
- Written Down. It pays to make sure your gutter replacement estimate is not only written down, but also fully itemized. This way, you’ll have clear expectations about the costs involved with the project. Getting a written estimate also makes dealing with possible misunderstandings and issues regarding accountability that much simpler.
Request Your Gutter Estimate!
Aside from commercial flat roof repair, Advanced Roofing Inc. also specializes in gutter replacement. Expect only a smooth and worry-free process–from the initial gutter quote to the final walkthrough–when you choose us for the job. Call us today at (630) 521-3573 or fill out this contact form to schedule your consultation. We serve Naperville, IL and the surrounding areas.