Flat Roof Repair and Replacement in Chicagoland
We have quality solutions for all types of residential and commercial flat roofing
Our experts use a variety of methods to provide quality flat roofing solutions for your property.
Flat roofing covers a wide range of materials and treatments that all have their own pros and cons. Whether you have a commercial or residential property that needs flat roofing repair or replacement, the experts at Advanced Roofing Inc are here to help. We provide complete flat roofing services for a variety of materials, and we'll help you get the right solution for your home.
Call us today at 1-844-295-0315 or click below to get started on your next flat roofing project with a free estimate. We offer all our roof repair and roof replacement services in Yorkville, Bristol, Oswego and the nearby areas.
Flat roofing materials
- Built-up roofing (BUR): Built-up roofing involves the application of roofing felt (tar paper) and asphalt-based roofing tar, often in multiple layers. A top layer of gravel or a reflective coating is required to cut down on heat gain and improve durability. Maintenance and repair work usually call for more felt and coating layers to be applied. BUR is an economical option, it can't compete with more modern flat roofing materials in terms of low maintenance, lightweight, and durability.
- Modified bitumen: Modified bitumen roofing comes in large rolls and is generally easier to handle and apply. The material is rolled out so that the seams overlap, and they are then fused with a torch or sealed with special adhesive. The roof surface gets a reflective coating for durability and reduced heat absorption.
- EPDM: Ethylene propylene diene monomer, or EPDM, comes in large rolls and is a common choice for larger buildings. EPDM is a flexible rubber material that is glued to the roof substrate and adjacent EPDM sections (installation with mechanical fasteners is also possible). An EPDM roof provides great durability with minimal maintenance, but it often requires special treatment for energy efficiency purposes.
- PVC: Polyvinyl chloride (PVC), is a single-ply roofing material made the same high-performance plastic used in plumbing pipes. Like EPDM, PVC is most frequently used in larger commercial roofing jobs. Seams between PVC sheets are welded together with a specially designed heat gun. The resulting membrane is impermeable to moisture, with excellent durability. Because PVC roofing is naturally white, it has excellent heat-reflective qualities without any coating or extra treatment.
- TPO: TPO is short for thermo-plastic olephine, the chemical composition of this fabric-like roofing material. TPO is a newer roofing technology that comes in rolls of different sizes, making it suitable for a variety of flat roof projects. It can be installed with adhesives, mechanical fasteners or heat welding. TPO roofing is treated with a reflective coating following application to reduce heat absorption.
The experts at Advanced Roofing Inc will help you choose the right flat roofing material for your needs. We provide professional installation for all types of materials, ensuring you get a long-lasting solution that provides the weather protection and efficiency you need.
Quality flat roofing services in IL
If you have a residential or commercial property in need of flat roofing repair or replacement, the local experts at Advanced Roofing Inc are here to help. Call us today at 1-844-295-0315 or contact us online to get started with a free estimate! We offer all our roofing services in Yorkville, Bristol, Oswego, Aurora, Joliet, Elgin, Naperville, St. Charles, Schaumburg, Plainfield and the surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.